7.21.2006

ok so using larger needles? not the solution. it ended up too loose, too tight, too sloppy. which just makes my lack of pattern look even worse. i frogged it again and am mostly finished with the front panel again. it is size 10 needles ( i think, I will edit this when i actually find out). a much smaller gauge makes the stockinette much more even and clean looking, but goes much slower and will probably use up much more yarn.

so the circulation in my house... non existent. it is freezing cold in front of my air conditioner and hot as hell in the back where the bedrooms are. it doesn't help that it has been over 100 degrees all week here. as a result, last night while knitting the front panel of my wool sweater, i was naked. i just couldnt' get cool enough. the wool was hot. got an idea into my head. i have never seen the movie calender girls, but i'm so gonna put that on my netflix list now. what about a calender full of naked women gracefully covered with knitting materials. for instance balls of yarn, have finished projects hanging from the needles in the hand and draping their lap. i think it would be hot.

on another note, does anyone know of a cheap or free knitting pattern design program that is great? i need all the help i can get.

No comments: