11.11.2006

Remember the hat???





of course you remember the hat. i just talked about it last post. well brace yourself kids... i wrote out what i can remember from the pattern and am about to post my very first pattern to share. now, i didn't take great notes, but think i remember all of it and my sister has already received it and is loving it so i couldn't look at it for reference. if there are issues, i apologize, it is my first and i have learned my lesson about WRITING stuff down. anyway here you go...

TOOLS:
i used a DK weight merino wool blend (although i can't find the yarn label to save my life), size 7 dpns and a stitch marker.

PATTERN:
cast on 110 sts and work in the round.
p2 * k2 p2 rep from * 27 times to end of round. place marker.
repeat entire round for 6".

begin decreasing...
p2tog * k2 p2 k2 p2 k2 p2tog. rep from * to end
p1 * k2 p2 k2 p2 k2 p1. rep from * to end
p1 * k2 p2 k2 p2tog k2 p1. rep from * to end
p1 * k2 p2 k2 p1 k2 p1. rep from * to end
p1 * k2 p2tog k2 p1 k2 p1. rep from * to end
* p1 k2 p1 k2 p1 k2. rep from * to last st. p2tog. move marker
* k2 p1 k2 p1 k2tog p1. rep from * to end
* k2 p1 k2tog p1 k1 p1. rep from * to end
* k2tog p1 k1 p1 k1 p1. rep from * to end
* k1 p1 k1 p1 k2tog. rep from * to end
* k1 p1 k2tog k1. rep from * to end
* k2tog k2. rep from * to end
* k1 k2tog. rep from * to end
* k2tog. rep from * to end
pull yarn through remaining stitches and weave in the ends.

now i know what you may be thinking if you read and understand the pattern (i wouldn't have seen it personally), but yes the body of the hat will be in 2x2 ribbing except for one 4 st purl rib. i found it to be hardly noticeable and my sister didn't see it at all. it disappears early on in the decreasing portion gracefully. this is my first pattern written mostly from memory and poor notes, so it is probably riddled with errors. but hey the first and hardest, self wrote pattern is out of the way and they can only get better right?

1 comment:

kat said...

i know what you mean about writing things down. i now keep a little notebook with me & when knitting something I'm making up I write it as I go along.