12.07.2006

Samoa and first Socks

it has been brought to my attention that one week from today, I will be in summer, as I leave for Samoa in one week. It will be an interesting change from wearing scarves and wool jackets to work on a daily basis as has been my habit the last week. In case you were interested, here is the weather forecast for where I will be headed.

Dec 7 Today
Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to occasional showers during the afternoon. High 82F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Dec 7 Tonight
Scattered thunderstorms. Low 76F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
Dec 8 Tomorrow
Mostly cloudy with showers and a few thunderstorms. High 82F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
Dec 8 Tomorrow night
Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low 77F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Dec 9 Saturday
Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 10 Sunday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 11 Monday
More sun than clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 12 Tuesday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 13 Wednesday
Plenty of sun. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 14 Thursday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 15 Friday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.
Dec 16 Saturday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 70s.

KNITTING:
Last night a friend and I went to an LYS and I bought a book called Knit Socks and some yarn and started my first socks. My friend started the same pair with me and my goal is to get to the heel of Stockinette Starter before I see her on Monday so we can work through the tough parts together.

This is my first pair of socks and could be the beginning of a long a painful relationship :)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Ok so I want to go to Samoa!! It sounds so warm and nice there not like 15 and snowing!!
I can't wait to see your socks! I started making them this summer and I must say I do love making them almost as much as I love wearing them!! Happy knitting!

roseygirl said...

I would love to be able to knit socks but so far every time I have tried they never turn out and I give up! :(

Kathy said...

wow samoa! part of my family used to live in tonga yet i've never got to see that part of the world. you are so lucky.