3.02.2007

Pictures as promised

I am not a liar I have actually been knitting and like a mad-woman no less. I completed my sister's purple socks...

aren't they purty?

I also have the completed leg-warmer and the beginning of another...

also I have been struggling with a pattern for Paton's SWS which I am absolutely in love with, however it doesn't frog well and I have restarted different things with it too many times. If this next one didn't work I was gonna have to cut out a significant portion of the yarn and toss it. That was gonna make me cry.

Well thanks to the lovely blogger at Storm Moon Knits I was inspired to try the Danica scarf from Knitty.com and I am so happy with it that I think Jon Jon might just stab me with one of my needles if I bring it up again. I love it! It is my first attempt at entrelac which scared the buh-jeezes out of me and I am loving it. One of the nice things about it is that the color change is enough that each square looks different, but gradual enough that the backside looks just as good, take a look...

Not long ago I was being laughed at for wearing a scarf at work. But the more I think about it a scarf is like the perfect article of clothing. You can wrap it around a cold head, or neck or both if it is long enough. You can wear it as a belt, or just something pretty around your shoulders. In addition to all that, an outfit (ha! as if I had enough style to wear outfits!) can be completely changed by the addition, subtraction or substitution of a scarf.

Now after I had this epiphany about the awesomeness that is scarf-dom, I realized I don't have a single one of all the scarves I have ever knit. They have ALL been gifted. This must be rectified and as a result, this lovely delicious super soft scarf will be all mine. I will even block it. That is how dedicated I am to the cause.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I am diggin the scarf!! Love the colors! Very purty socks I am sure your sister will love them! Those look like they will keep your legs warm and stylish! :) Hows the no smoking going? I wish you the best of luck it has been over a year since I smoked don't give up!!

kat said...

oh yeah you have to knit some for yourself...it always amazes me when i go to the twice a year show & tell at the LYS that i have nothing to show cuz i've given everything away...changing that now & knitting stuff for me...oh now i sound selfish

Lindsay said...

it's funny how SWS works so perfectly for that pattern.

it's also funny that i was like "entrelac, eh" "SWS, eh" but when you put the two together, holy crap i have to keep making these scarves!