3.12.2007

Scarf Blocked... YAY

So one of the super duper gals in my knitting group took home my entrelac scarf to block for me and it came out wonderfully, Thank You!...

I also received some Noro Silk Garden I bought on Ebay to make the Morestripes vest on knitty.com for myself...

I finished a shawl for sister 3 that has been sitting in a box for over a year tonight at the group. I'll take a picture of it on her because it is weird and doesn't make much sense unless it is on a body. I'll be seeing her this weekend.

St. Patrick's day in Seattle with one of the biggest Irish clans this side of the Mississippi. Ok not really true. Yeah we have Irish blood, and a lot of it, but are big mutts and lost most of our heritage as we became pretty much Americans. But with my job at sea, many holidays don't get to see much of my family congregated anymore. So since most of the family is around, we are making St. Patrick's day a big deal. And really who would be disappointed in a weekend full of corned beef, games and beer? Sounds like a perfect holiday to me. Oh yeah and I talked teenage sister 3 into going yarn shopping with me. It just doesn't get any more festive for me :)

On a non knitting note, I got an email today from Dave and Chub Creek. My day has been made and I have a great weekend to look forward too. Gotta go to bed but sooo excited :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the scarf!!! Is that in Patons SWS?? I have some and you have inspired me to try entrelac with it!

Mandy said...

That is a beautiful scarf! I love the colors. I am going to have to try my hand at entelac! Happy knitting!