4.18.2007

Bus Ride Musings

Your Quit Date is: 3/26/2007
Time Smoke-Free: 23 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes and 50 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 167
Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 6 hours
Money Saved: $44.28


  1. if the bus driver doesn't know how to punch a transfer right, you are out the next morning's bus fare and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. please, standardize your training or make a system wide automation
  2. don't forget headphones. i have a bad habit of eavesdropping, i can't stop and i know it is wrong. BRING HEADPHONES. sometimes there is stuff that you just don't want to hear.
  3. don't forget knitting. i also have a staring problem.
  4. when knitting stuffed animals on the bus, bring some stuffing, or extra needles. or both
  5. you know what, don't knit stuffed animals on the bus.
  6. put mailboxes at transit centers. who is that inconvenient for? nobody.
  7. San Diego must have gotten some so-brand-spanking-new-
  8. they-are-still-displaying-their-dogtags, navy boys lately. saw a bus full of them dressed for a night on the town. i didn't know whether to laugh, cry or eat my hair ala Crazy Aunt Purl
  9. saw a knitter this morning. she was on another platform and my hands were full of donut and coffee, so I couldn't chat or flash my needles at her. I'm still stoked. it was the first person i saw knitting on public transit beside myself.
p.s. please ignore the knitting stuffed animals thing. if you ask me about it I will deny it. maybe i will clarify in the future

1 comment:

roseygirl said...

I catch the nus everyday to work, and I always have my headphones a book and muy knitting!
Now my headphones did cause me confusion today I had my music on so loud and was busy singing away to Bon Jovi, and do you think I could concentrate and put the ticket in the machine the right way? LOL! I looked like suck a DORK! Then to top it off I dropped one of my knitting needles and it went sliding down to the back of the bus under all the seats, so I had to get on my hands and knees to get it back! I am a danger unto myself! LOL!