4.15.2007

I bought some yarn... But just a little I swear!

20 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes and 15 seconds smoke free.
143 cigarettes not smoked.
$38.50 and 1 day, 2 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 3/26/2007


I went to Micheal's yesterday and I made a small yarn purchase. Only a little one I swear! I bought three balls of Cotton Ease to make a cardigan for a friends new baby (From hereafter deemed Hunter's Cardigan). They just found out it would be a boy and these three colors were right there sitting next to a pattern sheet that would be perfect. It was meant to be I tell you.





Work continues on my own cardigan. The real reason I went to Micheal's yesterday was I needed an extra set of size 7 circs, a needle gauge because I lost mine and a few extra balls of Paton's Classic Merino if I could find them in the right dyelot. It worked out perfect I found one skein in each dyelot I needed.

Last night I would not let myself set the pattern down until I got to join the body portion. There is a point in a top down raglan pattern just before you join the body, where you are knitting front, back and each sleeve and each row takes ages! But I forced myself through it last night and now I am on the body. YaY me!



I haven't been painting and I'm sad about it. I started one since I moved to California but I lost inspiration on it. It had been sitting in the living room staring at me and this weekend I decided that painting was not going to happen and I prepped the canvas with Gesso for a new painting in the future. I'm thinking starfish and octopus.



Monday I met Susan at my regular knitting group. It was cool because I had been reading her blog for a few weeks and when I showed up at group, I was like, "Hey, I know you!" Anyway, she agreed with me that one night a week was just not enough social knitting and so we went to a coffee place on Thursday night as well. We had a good time and I look forward to doing it again.

I spent some time on the phone with a dear friend of mine in Puerto Rico as well. I miss her so much. It was so great just to hear her voice.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

That cardigan is so cute! I love the colors!Yeah on your top down! I have yet to do a sweatwer that way! I am glad that you have people to knit with! I have one person and I had to teacher her how to knit and she could knit with me! Happy knitting!

alice said...

i, too, am jealous! there used to be a knitting group that i went to, but it was kind of far away and... well, then it kind of disolved! so alas, it's just me again. i'm hoping that when i move to new england some day it'll be a different story!

Que Sarah said...

The baby cardigan is going to be gorgeous!! Awesome colors! Congrats on your sweater, your totally kickin' butt on it! I wish you were close enough to come join us for our knit night :-( You'll just have to visit!

Knitcrazy said...

The cardi looks real cute and I love the colors you chose... I have not seen the new CE in the store yet...

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

Both cardigans are great!! So you've made it 21 days without smoking...they say that is how long it takes to make a habit. Congrats!! We are here for you. :)