4.25.2007

just a quick note...

30 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes and 29 seconds smoke free.
217 cigarettes not smoked.
$57.75 and 1 day, 15 hours of your life saved.




My parents are in town, but thought I would pass this along before I am too busy to post.

Branching out continues slowly because I only knit a few rows before bed. However tonight I learned something new as I was working on it. A sl2-k1-p2sso is a three stitch decrease that doesn't lean any direction if you slip the two stitches together. I was slipping them individually resulting in a left slanting decrease looking almost exactly like a sl1-k2tog-psso. So when you sl2, you slip them together folks. I won't go back and fix it because this is the third time I started it and I just don't care enough to change it :)

EDIT: This picture really isn't even close to accurate in color. It is a light, spring kinda green. Not all icky like this pic. I took it in the near dark at bedtime :)

7 comments:

Kara said...

You are doing great! Keep up the good non-smoking work.

Branching out looks awesome.

Michele [iSmile ;D] said...

Good for you and the whole smoking thing! One day at a time.... That's how its done. I'm going on 4 yrs now.

Anyway, thanks for the tip about the decrease stitch! That's kinda cool! Its looking lovely so far...

MJ said...

1 month not smoking - YEAH!!

Mandy said...

YEAH!!! 1 month no smoking!!! Branching Out is looking beautiful!! Hope your having a good time with your parents!

Susan said...

Have fun with the fam this weekend and we'll figure out our next knit together soon.

vagabond bettie said...

thanks for the link to your site on the Branching out Betties KAL. I'm proud of you for the month smoke-free! I know you're proud of yourself too. What a HUGE accomplishment. Hugs, Cheryl

Que Sarah said...

Thanks for the tip! I haven't even started the scarf yet and that will really help!
Congrats on the no smoking, I know it's hard (been a smoker for ::gasp,cough cough:: 9 years now and I've only quit once (for about a year and a half)) - keep on keepin' on!!!