4.06.2007

Thanks Guys!!

I started this blog and picked up knitting again to help me quit smoking in Spring of '06. It didn't help. And now I am quitting again. This time will be much more successful. And I can tell you why.

The timing as been almost absolutely perfect. Almost every time I wanted a cigarette the last few days and I go online to distract myself I have a message or comment from my blog. Some are words of encouragement and they help! They really do. Even the folks who comment on something else help. This is because I know there is one more person out there who knows I am quitting and will know if I fail. I am going to do my best not to disappoint! I need to find some kind of ticker for quitting smoking I think. Thank you so much to all of you who wrote me a few lines this week. It made a big difference.!

photos this weekend

8 comments:

ShannieKnitChic said...

Congrats on your life-changing decision. I made the choice to quit smoking 8 months ago...and you are definitely correct in that my blog helped me a lot...so see so much encouragement from others! I also used Silkquit, which is a meter which counts down the days you have quit, tells how much money saved, how much life saved, how many cigs not smoked...you should try it...go to silkquit.com, I think. So far, it has been 8 months for me! Good luck! Holler if you ever need to talk...send me a message on my blog!

MJ said...

I am a quitter too! It took several tries for me as well. Hang in there!! Knitting does help. Gives your hands something to do. There are alot of tricks, have a mint after meals, or brush your teeth, etc. I know it sounds silly, but just take it one day at a time. It will be a year for me in June!

ShannieKnitChic said...

Silkquit.org is the site! Good luck!

alice said...

a trick... buy your self an expensive, REALLY good smelling shampo. nothing like rediscovering how GOOD your hair can smell, instead of it reeking like tobacco :) give yourself a sniff every now and then, lovely!

Carol said...

Congrats on your quitting! Want a ticker? Go here: tickerfactory dot com. They're completely free and they have lots to choose from! Should keep you a little busy anyway ;)

Lindsay said...

have you tried acupuncture? my aunt tried and failed for *years* to quit smoking (using every possible method), and it never worked. then she went to an acupuncturist (and told him she wanted to quit smoking), and she quit smoking cold turkey, and has never had a cigarette (or apparently desire for one) since (i want to say it's been at least 7 years since she quit).

might be worth checking out, possibly in combination with some other stop-smoking method.

kat said...

remember if you've got knitting needles in you hand you can't hold a cigarette!

Dani said...

Hey! Congrats!! As of this commenting, I'm clean ("smober" I think they call it on silkquit) now for one year, six months, two weeks, six days, 4 hours, 38 minutes and 9 seconds. 8492 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,123.22. Life saved: 4 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, 40 minutes. (but who's counting? LOL) I LOVE silk quit BTW - i didn't want to mess up my numbers by cheating ;-)

Seriously - great job getting this far! I'm proud of you =)