5.09.2007

44 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes and 5 seconds smoke free.
315 cigarettes not smoked.
$84.70 and 2 days, 9 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 3/26/2007


So because you all know I have no project attention span, I have begun a new one with that pretty purple and green Lamb's Pride that I posted recently. I haven't taken a picture of it, because there isn't much to show yet. I wanted to make a beanie with a color-worked starfish. I couldn't find a pattern online (and I'm the if-I-don't-have-it-now,-I'll-make-it-myself kinda person). I got to thinking about how it would work. I wouldn't do intarsia because just way too many ends and there would be a lot of space between color changes to make fair isle a good idea. So I figured double knit wouldn't be a bad alternative. Then I could make it completely reversible and four ends to weave in. So I did it. I wrote myself a color pattern, taught myself to double knit and I was off. I will post pictures after I complete the color rows. But here is an image of the chart I made. Not too complex I don't think...


I have been working on Hunter's Cardigan in cotton-ease. I really like that yarn. I only have the button-hole band, buttons and a few ends to weave in before it is complete. YAY...


I ordered Charmed Knits at the Borders near my home. I stopped at a few book stores over the last week and couldn't find any so I went ahead and ordered one.

This morning I saw an amazing optic phenomena that I have only read about in books. It is called heiligenschein and you can read about it on wikipedia. It is a corona of light that surrounds the head of the viewer's shadow. It appeared in the dew on my way to the bus stop this morning, sorry for the quality, I took the pic with my phone. I don't know if you can see it very well, but I was amazed :) It was probably easier to see with my polarized sunglasses on.


Today I had to work near main campus and how can you complain about work when surrounded by this...


Also, these beautiful flowers lined my path nearly all day and they smell amazing.

It is at this point I would like to mention how much I love Patrick Stewart. And in my opinion he was never hotter than in Star Trek: Insurrection. I must get back to my movie :)

2 comments:

kat said...

i like the colors of the baby sweater a lot & can't wait to see your starfish pattern knit up.

Karin said...

Love the starfish pattern. Might have to borrow it for something for Magnus as he is gaga over starfish lately.