5.24.2007

Monkey Socks

I have begun knitting the Monkey socks on knitty.com. I changed the pattern (surprise!). I changed the purl stitches in the lace pattern to knit stitches. I thought the purl patterns interrupted the "flow" of the rest of the pattern. I also only made 4 pattern repeats on the cuff, I don't want the socks to be very high, I really should have just made them ankle socks as I like to wear those best.

I also am not doing the heel flap as she instructs but doing a sl 1 k 1, purl across heel instead. I was caught on the bus without instructions when I decided it was time to start the heel flap and that was the only heel I had ever made. However, I wanted to do a short row heel flap, but I didn't have those instructions with me at the time either. Oh well, next time.

I am using a yarn I bought on thankewe.etsy.com. It is my first variegated sock yarn purchase. I love the colors and will post pics soon.

4 comments:

vagabond bettie said...

those sox are amazing!

Que Sarah said...

Brave girl! I couldn't imagine attempting a Cookie pattern now, not to mention modifying one! I'm impressed, can't wait to see the finished pics!

Mandy said...

Ohhh can't wait to see what they look like!! I love the ones I made!! Happy knitting!

Heather said...

TAG!!! You're it!!!!