5.05.2007

Picture heavy!

40 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 40 seconds smoke free.
284 cigarettes not smoked. $77.00 and 2 days, 4 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 3/26/2007


So while my parents were here I did some acquiring. First of all, my mommy bought me a necklace in Mexico...

Then she forgot her earrings here, haha, they are mine now!

I did some shopping and came home with a new purse/knitting bag...

New to me shoes for work, but I lub them so much!

Two sweaters for recycling the yarn, both cotton blends...



I started unraveling the first and I am having a problem that I have had in the past, the strands in the yarn become loose and it is almost as if it has lost all the "ply" is that the right word for it? It is almost as if it is just three or four strands running side by side but not really plied at all. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

And another sweater that I am going to keep for me because I love the style and the way it fits...


One day I took my knitting to the beach, sorry no pictures of the beach but I do have pictures of the Branching Out that I took with me. It is getting longer and I am am about a quarter of the way through my yarn for it...

Please notice the straight line up the center. This is a result of correctly executing the sl2-k1-p2sso like I mentioned earlier. Below is the incorrect execution, but I ain't fixing it. No one but us will ever notice...


I bought some yarn, cuz y'know, I do that. Lamb's Pride Superwash 100% wool. I hear good things about it on the net all the time so I took the plunge. Two skeins of both colors...


And Hunter's Cardigan progresses. I finally cast on the sleeves. I am doing them at the same time on one set of needles and carrying the yarn up the side. Yes, this means that I have 6, count them, SIX balls of yarn hanging from my needles. I must love pain.


I have completed a web course in HTML and web design and purchased myself a book. This now makes me an expert. (HA!). Anyway, I plan to start making some changes to this website. Hopefully for the better cuz right now it needs some help.

I created a button for us single knitters. There is nowhere to link it but you can copy it to your server and use to identify yourself as a single knitter if you want. It isn't the worldwide community I was looking for but it may be a start in the right direction. I would love to know if you decide to use it so please send me an email or write me a comment.

3 comments:

brandilion said...

test :)

Susan said...

You weren't getting with the crush thing. lol. Good for you! We all have our issues. : 0 )

vagabond bettie said...

It looks like that bus driver NEEDS some attention! Give it to him!