6.05.2007

BAD BLOGGER!

Yes I know I am a bad, bad blogger. However I also know that you have been missing me terribly and holding your breath while you check back hourly to see if Knitting for Health and Sanity has been updated. And that is what has guilted me into writing today.

I am leaving on Sunday and just overwhelmed with things to do before I go. Got to get keyed for Karazhan (World of Warcraft) so hopefully I can get one Kara run in before I leave until SEPTEMBER!

However I have pictures!
I bought sock yarn! From thankewe.etsy.com. It is superwash and called Strawberry Shortcake. Came with candy, my favorite even, YUM!
I made socks with this sock yarn. I am on the first. It is my modified version of the Monkey Sock on knitty.com. Modifications include, changing the purls to knits because it helped the flow of the sock and adding a short-row heel. It was my first and without instruction so it looks like a nipple on the end of my heel, and i have a big hole where the foot, heel and ankle meet but overall I am satisfied.

I completed Hunter's Cardigan for my friend Jen's first baby boy. I completed it last night at my knitting group and plan to mail it off tomorrow. The button band looks funny, but I am out of time, it needs to get mailed tomorrow!

My Olive Striped Raglan cardigan is coming along. Honestly I took this picture a long time ago and the sleeves are much longer, but the light is fading and I can't get you another one right now. I won't be able to take it with me. It is just too bulky.

I will however pack on my trip the Modified Monkey socks and the Branching Out which has been sitting lonely on the side of my bed for quite sometime now.

Saturday is World Wide Knit in Public Day. If you are in San Diego, please join us in Kearny Mesa Park you can check out the info at the top-right of the page. If you aren't in San Diego, get out your needles and show them the sunlight by knitting someplace you can be seen.

5 comments:

vagabond bettie said...

Hey! Cool sock. PS/sorry for taking Mike Rowe on my blog. I love the color, especially since I'm making a very bland pink baby dress. I'm SO sick of it.

Mandy said...

Love the Monkey socks!! I bought some yarn from her I got the Lilac color way. It's nice stuff! Your cardigan! Email me and let me know where to sedn your Ravenclaw socks when I get them done I have all your measurements so I just need to know where they go :) I hope that you have a good trip!!

Kim said...

Great socks! I also love your baby cardigan and your cardigan. Have a great and safe trip!

Carol said...

Your knits are really nice! Wish I was into the knit/blog thing when my kids were babies;) Can't wait to see your sweater and socks all finished! Have a great trip!

Susan said...

You have made a lot of knitting progress. I'm digging the cardigan and really like the cheery color for the sock. Have you done any toe-up socks instead of the leg down version?