10.27.2007

Movie knitting

The Vagabond Bettie gave me a gift certificate to kPixie.com for my birthday in July. It was a belated gift that somehow never made it to me. After asking them to resend it I finally got it and could not make up my mind what I wanted. So now it is the end of October, a full three months after my birthday and guess what showed up on my doorstep?
I finally got a yarn bundle (because I still couldn't decide) of Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with it, but right now I just like to admire and caress it. Yeah, I totally just used the word caress.

Also, I went to the movies today and saw Dan in Real Life with Steve Carrell. It was cute. I wouldn't run to see it but a good date movie. Unless of course, your date is in love with your brother, then it just might be awkward and you should go see 30 Days of Night instead.

When I go to the movies alone, I bring my knitting. Keeps me from eating, teenage kids avoid me and I think it makes me look a little tough (yeah right). Well looking at all my WIPs*, I didn't have one I felt comfortable knitting in the dark. I recently started a So-Called Scarf with some acrylic Red Heart in camouflaged colors for a little boy I know and I thought it would be too difficult in the dark.
Since I forgot to tell you about it, here's a pic :)

Also, I really didn't want to screw up mom's Lucie sweater (progressing slowly) because the fabric shows everything and splits quite a bit.
As a little side note, it is curling and that makes the progress seem even slower.

So I decided to jump on the Clap-Wagon and start a Clapotis from knitty.com. Because I just don't have enough WIPs.It will probably be more scarf-sized cuz I gots no patience. In fact I am only one row from starting the straight rows which means I get to start dropping stitches right? w00t! Knitting the clap in the theater wasn't too bad. As long as I knew where my stitch markers were I did pretty well. Only problem was 1 dropped stitch but I actually think it happened before the lights went down so when I figured it out halfway through the movie I stopped knitting.

It also meant I got to Michael's on my way out of the Mall and pick up a crochet hook so I could fix it on the bus and while I was there, I went ahead and also got a couple of row counters since one would really help with Lucie as well as some stitch markers, cuz who never needs stitch markers?

*for the non-knitters WIP=Work In Progress but if you don't knit, this isn't the post for you.

No comments: