2.11.2008

Actual Knitting Progress... OMG!

I have been knitting on the Lucie from Knitty.com for my mommy everyday while I watch a disc of episodes from season 2 of Lost everyday.  When I get off watch, I sit down with a disc, which is 4 episodes and I get like 40 rows completed.  I am almost finished with the first piece, the back.

When I swatched for it, I realized it was a little "thin" or I guess lightweight is the term.  The larger the back piece gets the more concerned I get that it is too lightweight.  It is also beginning to look like I might have almost double the yarn it is turning out I am using.  So I got to thinking, what would it look like if I knit with two strands?  However, I didn't bring any pins with me and I have no place to block a swatch, plus, do I really want to knit this all over again?  Do the hours of math it took me to get this far with this set up?

No I don't.  If it is a lightweight sweater, she can wear it for more months of the year.  Layer it.  Especially if I can get it large enough to allow for layers underneath it.  Actually at least one layer underneath is going to be necessary for decency's sake.

It may not be exactly what I was hoping for, but it still has potential and the color is fantastic.  I do love looking at it though I got to admit it is hard to correct the stitches in the dark purple without a whole lot of light.

I would post a picture, but I can't figure out how to do that via an email post.

No comments: