6.26.2008

I fail at forums.

I tend to treat online forums as an ongoing conversation. I have to remember that not every person reading my post has read ALL of my posts. They don't always know what I said halfway through the thread no matter how pertinent to their current response it is and usually if my sarcasm gets put in the thread they may not know enough about me to recognize it as such.

This is the same for blogging. I have to remember that this single sentence may be all you ever read or know about me.

In real life, you may ever only see this single image or hear these words and tone.

Maybe more attention should be paid to how I come across. I am constantly putting my foot in my mouth in real life and on the forums, I wear t-shirt and jeans almost all the time. From now on I am going to make a conscious effort to think before I speak, make sure I am never out in something I would hate for others to see me in and extend courtesy to everyone.

Though this all applies to strangers. The flip side is that people I see often,friends and family for instance have seen me looking better and will again, so I can be free.

No comments: