6.23.2008

Let's just flaunt the glory that is my brain.

So I don't know what it was, but I had a day of clarity yesterday and was all about problem solving. I think it was the hour or so I laid around the pool with my Aunt of the felted Sweater.

Someone on Ravelry posted a question about crocheting a border and it causing gaps between the crochet and the knitting. In my effort to help, I came up with a solution that she said was working great so I thought I would share it with you.

Now she had an edge of slipped stitches. I suggested crocheting a chain between the last two stitches like so...This adds an extra stitch which will fill in any gaps and allows the slipped edge stitch to curl over...If you want to put a particular crochet stitching on the edge, some kind of lace for example or single crochet, you can then just crochet into the chain you just created...This prevents pulling which results in gaps and if you don't want to put a fancy stitch on, it will just roll that outer stitch under resulting in a nice pretty and even chain along the edge.

If you use this and try it out, let me know how it works for you.

1 comment:

Nancy Hay (loopynancy) said...

That looks fabulous! I bow to your genius.