11.27.2008

Gobble Gobble

Ten after 4am I was waiting in line at the airport this morning. Security was still closed and I was only third in a line almost a block long before it opened 35 minutes later. I am on my way to Missoula, MT to share Thanksgiving with one of my oldest and dearest friends. I haven't seen her since my great-grandmother passed 3 years ago. That weekend she was there for me like no one has ever been there for me. She took care of me physically and emotionally and I never could have done it without her. This visit is long overdue and I am so glad to be going.

I don't think we will be eating a turkey dinner, but we might drink enough wine to drown a submarine. I give thanks for vino.

That said, this Idaho born and raised girl has forgotten what one wears in 40 degree weather. I went looking for hats and scarves to bring. I have a massive mismatching pile of the accessories. When noticing something like this, a knitter thinks, I should make myself a matching set. But it won't happen. There are other people to knit for. Friends, family, holidays and birthdays. Not to mention I have my eyes on Sylvi and that cabled pullover from Fall 2008's Vogue Knitting. When would I make my own matching set.

I completed a hat for my pal Marcus (yes I know you see this Marcus, I don't care) for Christmas. I will be seeing him in December and I couldn't help myself. I don't have it or a picture with me at the airport but a little hint, it's blue and white.

Happy Thanksgiving.

<3

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Brandilion. See you Monday night!