11.10.2008

A Productive weekend...

So, I got busy this weekend and pumped out sewing projects. I'm sorry, but you can't see my only FO yet because it is a Christmas present and Ravelry discourages non-yarn project. However, I did photograph and upload most of my recent knitting FOs I keep mentioning but no one gets too see.

My first Bra for my Bra-making class is so close to done I can taste it. By Saturday I'll be finished and I'll share a pic with you all (it's ok because it isn't a Christmas present). I also almost completely finished designing and sewing a skirt. All I have to finish is the hem then you can have some pics.

I traced some pattern pieces for a dress I am going to make myself for Christmas. I saw this GORGEOUS charmeuse (I didn't even know what it was at the time) and had to have it. Then panicked that I didn't have enough and went back for two more yards. The dress I am going to make is New Look pattern 6557 B. However, it doesn't get large enough (hello, curvy lady here) so I have to take the pieces I traced out this weekend and redraft them larger in the right places. I bought some scrap fabric to make a sample, just to see how it fits so I will make the top, then redraft as necessary. I'm probably going to remove the gather under the bust and put in a dart as I want a much smoother silhouette.

Anyway, off to work, but before I go, I got some funny for you...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Let's get that skirt pic so you can post at least one of your sewing FO goodness!