9.29.2009

work work work

Who isn't busy right now? I mean c'mon. Work is getting in the way of my fun, but hey, I'm still getting stuff done.

Knitting
Baby blanket and accessory nearly completed so pictures will be up soon-ish. I got socks on the needles as well and while I'm photographing blanket I'll get that done to.

Painting/Artwork

I finished a painting for our living room to replace something that HAD to come down. It looks great. Photo shoot soon I swear it. I am starting a new series in self portraiture. I find I can recreate all my friends and family just fine, but when it comes to me, it NEVER comes out even close. I'm sure it is a problem with my perception of self. I probably focus on something as a flaw that isn't real, exaggerate it, then can't figure out what is wrong with the picture. I intend this to be either an exercise in learning to really see myself or some kind of bat crap crazy documentation of what I see.

Haven't started yet, but my creative juices have been flowing which is a big start. Yesterday, the daughter of a good friend got up close and personal with a marker which was documented for Facebook. The pictures of her are so fantastic. I mean she has recently woken from a nap and out of embarrassment was recently crying. She is a beautiful beautiful girl and her smile is fantastic, but something about her sad little eyes and the marker on her face got my fingers moving. I would love to paint it at some point, but here is the sketch as I left it last night.


Cooking
Smoked Turkey Tail and Bean soup was heaven. I want some right now thinking about it. If you ever see smoked turkey tails, use them in a soup. Delish.

Everything Else
I have huge unprintable things happening on the horizon and while I am really excited, I'm also very stressed.

On Sunday I have my very first shift as a Birch Aquarium Volunteer. My Mom thinks I'm doing it for the 10% discount at the gift shop which doesn't hurt for sure, while others are programming PETA's emergency number in their phone for when I start petting starfish raw. I just love aquariums and there is nothing about spending a weekend morning/afternoon there that I have a problem with.

Plus, it will be nice to wear normal clothes and look nice on a more regular basis rather than dirty, oily, ripped up t-shirts and steel-toed boots. Sometimes I like to remind folks that I'm a girl and I'm pretty. So HA!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Photo-shoot! Photo-shoot!

Trifarina said...

When you say turkey tail, do you mean literally the "tail of a turkey" or is this a euphemism for something else? I'm confused. I didn't know there was any meat on turkey tails.

JJ said...

BWAHAHA! Welcome to the dark side of sock knitting!