10.05.2009

Science!

Yesterday I started volunteering at Scripps Birch Aquarium. I largely sat at the Information Desk and told about 30 people where the bathroom was (immediately behind them, just for the record.) however part of working at the Information Desk is having information so I got to walk around and familiarize myself with the exhibits. Hello Octopus!

I also got to take a break at 10:30 when divers do some maintenance and feed the kelp tank. I found out that you can watch this on the web. They have cameras around the aquarium which are streaming most of the time if you want to check it out. Currently experiencing difficulties but hopefully it will be back up soon.


Friday afternoon the New Horizon took off with one of my favorite science crews, Jared Kluesner and Peter Lonsdale. With a whole lot of good folk on board actually. Jared is participating in an educational program and has this website for their journey. Check it out.

Science rules.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I like that picture. Good job on the bathroom detail. I'm sure I would have been one of those 30 asking for le toillette if I was there. lol

vagabond bettie said...

sometimes I wonder if people can find the bathroom all on their own!

nah, what fun is that?