12.01.2009

I went to Seattle for work, but had way too much fun.

I have been a busy busy little bee and today you are going to hear about a single day in a recent trip to Seattle. It was Saturday November 21st. I got to hang with my gal Rachael and new friend Monique. For starters we took Rachael's little baby girl Daisy to Pike Place Market. Our first picture today is Daisy's first experience with grass. Who has cute baby pug butt? Daisy does!

It was cold and Rachael borrowed my fingerless gloves. Handknits in the wild...

While we were there we saw soccer in the middle of the street.

And we visited a yarn shop called So Much Yarn which was super puppy friendly thanks to the owner's usually present (but not that day) French bulldogs. Daisy had the time of her life while I introduced Monique to some allergy friendly cotton acrylic blends in order to get started knitting. This yarn store was difficult to get into. I'm not sure how everyone else does it but we had to go through the Cost Plus World Market below to a super secret elevator. It is in a great place though. Just a few blocks north of Pike Street Market, if you go to Seattle for touristy stuff and want to hit a yarn store that's "on the way" look this one up.

Then we headed back north (gratuitous cute puppy in the car picture)...

And the rest of us knit and watched movies while the puppy napped. I taught Monique to knit, it was her second attempt at learning and she was still knitting when I fell asleep on the couch. It was the first time I had ever fallen asleep to the click-clack of someone else's needles and I loved it!


1 comment:

Ana's Closet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.