2.11.2010

Friends in unknown places

... that I have a small office, let's call them a legion, rooting for me. They want to see me succeed. The must approve any male I show interest in. I'm not entirely convinced they believe I exist. In their minds, I am probably Susan's alter ego and in reality, they are cheering for her. But honestly, I'm not positive that I'm not. I think she may be a very real part of what makes my life in San Diego whole.

The highlight of any day is sitting down next to my roommate, with a glass of wine on our patio, surrounded by poorly cared for and yet flourishing potted plants and our little wormy minions. It doesn't matter if we are talking about our love lives, or our day to day gripes at work, or even my plan to build something crazy and unnecessary, we never run out of things to talk about and saying goodnight is difficult and heartbreaking. I honestly do not know what I would do without her reason, reinforcement and positive attitude.

Thank you Susan. You, complete... me. I can only hope that I provide as much for you, as you do for me.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Girl, you know you rock! If you didn't, I was crying last week about separation anxiety issues for nothing. lol

Who needs actual crafting productivity when we can drink wine and talk about it, instead.