4.28.2010

sleeves always slow me down

Sleeves always slow me down. I have nearly completely finished the body of the cotton sweater I mentioned in my last post and have begun the sleeves. My speed bump. I don't enjoy knitting in that small a round that tightly and I know that for consistency's sake it would be much easier on me if I knit both sleeves at the same time, however that is starting to get difficult to juggle.


After starting both sleeves in the round, hating it, ripping it out, starting a single sleeve in the round and still hating it, I have decided that I'm going to rip it out all over again. This time I plan to knit both sleeves at the same time, but flat. I really think it will go much faster this way. I know many knitters hate finishing and seaming, but I really don't mind.

Also, one of my knitting group regulars has started knitting raglan sweaters from the bottom up. This method is starting to intrigue me. Although I always prefer the method that has the least number of cast on stitches, I have a feeling that I really would enjoy this style. So, next project.

No comments: