5.01.2010

FO, Twice Re-Vamped Sweater

So once upon a time I bought this sweater at a garage sale. It was perfect actually. My car was totalled the day before and I was depressed. So my former room-mate took me garage hoppin', my family's term for shopping yard sales.

Anyway, this sweater was hideous. So I decided it was perfect for reinvention and recycling the yarn. I blogged about it a few times (here and here) in the process of knitting it into a pullover. Somehow I managed to completely forget to ever post it as a finished object. Not even on Ravelry (slacker).

It doesn't fit well. The sleeves are a little baggy, I added way too much room in the bust. The neck is a little snug for my head. With all of these issues it is still one of my most worn sweaters. Largely due to the poor fit and recycled yarn I didn't mind wearing it to sea and for work. It's machine washable so I will wear it gardening.

However, it was a pullover. And it's not often I wear a sweater all day and I don't like pulling it over my head over and over again. So I started wishing it was a cardigan, then I decided I wished it was a cardigan I could take to Costa Rica (as my heavy sea sweater). The other night, I found the leftover ball of yarn and before you know it, continuing along with the wardrobe re-vamp, I got me a new cardigan, however you see fit.
There are not many places someone can run in San Diego first thing on a Saturday morning looking for buttons. And you know I had to have buttons at 1 AM. So I found myself at Beverly's this morning. I took the only buttons I could find big enough, however, these things will have to be replaced. Possibly with travel buttons from either Virginia this week, or Costa Rica.

3 comments:

Murf said...

way cool bran.. your dad!

Sign A Rama said...

I love that the hideous sweater turned into a gorgeous new treasure. You have vision Brandi! I just saw the original pictures. Gross!

Susan said...

I already said this yesterday, but will restate it here:

"I love how it looks as a cardi and the buttons you ended up choosing".