6.09.2010

As spindles danced through her head

I am a little stressed out. And all my fingers want to do is spin. I think I have read every single Ravelry post about spinning. Browsed every single homespun stash and I just want to spin. However, I am completely out of fiber. I will not see a single woolen hair again until after June 29th.

Part of the problem is probably that I know I can't do it and that is what makes me want to.

I have knitting. My nephew's sweater progresses and I'm actually very happy with the way it is coming out. Surprising, because I designed it on the needles and expected to rip it out twelve times, but I actually only cast on three times. Below is a teaser picture.
I have Flamingo, the skein I just drop spindled, that is crying out to be knit into a lace scarf. But it doesn't matter. I can't get the feel of a spinning whorl on a vibrating single out of my brain.

So what does one do? Clearly one just stops into etsy for a quick look. Just a quick look couldn't hurt.

And BAM! I bought a little over 8 ounces of roving in two different colorways (they were blends! I have difficulty making my own blends so it's ok right?).

1- a Merino/Tencel blend in the colors blue, red-violet and black called What We Do is Secret
2- a Merino/Tencel blend in the colors torquoise, blue, green and brown called Amphitrite

And then, I was reading in the Sheep Shed Fiber Lovers group on Ravelry and bells and I really wanted to try them. So I got a hold of Carol at Sheep Shed Fiber Studio and ordered a few pounds of grab bag fibers, specifically of bells (which is just a different fiber preparation).

It is amazing the amount of monetary damage I can do without ever leaving my chair.

I should point out that all of this is on top of a new spindle I purchased as well. But listen, the whorl has crinoid fossils in it and as a result I HAD to have it.

2 comments:

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

Brandi, What We Do is Secret is GORGEOUS! How could you not buy that? I can't wait to see what you turn it into.

Susan said...

That drop spindle is gorgeous!