11.01.2010

Patch Job

A Christmas or so ago, I made one of my sisters the Cabled Newsboy Cap out of Stitch 'n Bitch Nation (one for my dad as well, they seemed to be a big hit). Her dog Oakley, who is the energetic sort, got a hold of it and chewed an entire corner of the brim. Sister got pregnant and they decided they couldn't handle two dogs any more and Oakley was found a new home. Now if you ask her, the reason was the upcoming baby. In actuality, she really loved that hat.

I brought it with me and patched it the other day. It was knit in Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Denim and I had to patch it with Paton's Classic Wool Merino in New Denim which is much more solid in color. I didn't have the right size dpns for the job either. So the gauge is a little tighter and the blue is just a little off, but it is most definitely patched.

Thanks again to Patti for the photoshoot.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Its more than a hat. It tells a story.

Murf said...

That is too cool..