12.22.2010

Infinite Knitters

When I moved to San Diego the first thing I did was find a knitting group. The first groups I went to, didn't work out so well, here and here. I was ready to give up, but a lovely reader (and now dear friend, Cheryl) coerced me into going back and giving it another shot. I met her at a knitting group I chickened out of before, as well as another lovely lady, Patty. I had a great night, though we all agreed, that particular group wasn't for us and we struck out on her own. We decided to go to Starbucks on Monday nights and have been knitting there ever since.


Over the last four years, many lovely knitters have come and gone. I met my roommate and one of the dearest friends I have ever had, Susan. Been inspired to learn new techniques, worked out ideas and patterns, picked up spinning and weaving (you can thank sdmags for those specifically). We have had a lot of fun, we've been through some trials and I am a much better person for those Monday nights I spent at Starbucks.

Thank you so much ladies! You can guarantee if I'm back in San Diego, Mondays will find me at Starbucks again.
From left to right, Heather, Margaret, Carol, Liz, me, Patty and Nancy

3 comments:

Pat Sallume said...

As with all the ladies (and one man) that have ever sat in our group, you will be missed. We are lucky to live in a digital time where we can still keep track of each other and stay in contact.
We have all learned something from someone else. Friendship is the fibre that has strung us together.
Stay healthy and safe Brandi!

Susan said...

I love you and miss you! I am SOOOOO happy for you. I know you are going where you wanted and need to be, but life will not be the same in SD without you.

You bet your sweet patookus, that Nilah and I will be visiting you!

vagabond bettie said...

Once an Infinite Knitter, always an Infinite Knitter! Love you Brandi. Thinking of my time in San Diego always makes me smile.