Sleeves always slow me down. I have nearly completely finished the body of the cotton sweater I mentioned in my last post and have begun the sleeves. My speed bump. I don't enjoy knitting in that small a round that tightly and I know that for consistency's sake it would be much easier on me if I knit both sleeves at the same time, however that is starting to get difficult to juggle.
So, spinning and knitting are going to be put on a back burner for a few. I have a few projects on my brain that will require my attention for a little while. For starters, I have flats full of herbs ready to be planted on my patio tonight. I picked them up at the OB Farmer's Market last night and my car just smelled ridiculously great. Company is coming into town that I am super excited about and I want our patio to look and smell it's best.
Besides that, I have been staring my paints down every day in the living room. My art cart (yes it rhymes and I love it) sits next to the TV in the living room (I mentioned we live in a sweatshop more than once I believe) and we have been eyeing each other everyday when I sit down with needles or wool. Sunday night I fell asleep with a pencil and notebook in hand, turns out this may have been an indication of things to come. So yes, I believe it is time to get back to my paints.
I am preparing to leave town, for about two months, and have decided that while I plan to bring 1 single, solitary knitting project (as yet undecided), art supplies will comprise the bulk of my travel materials.
I have grand garment designs floating around my head as well. Garments of the fabric variety instead of yarn.
This weekend I'm crashing a party in Las Vegas. Road trip!
It's been a while, I have highlights for you...
1. fossil hunting out of Mountain Home, ID resulted in many a snail shell.
2. UFC fight on Saturday night resulted in a beer soaked skirt on my bedroom floor.
3. Trip to Carlsbad Saturday also resulted in meeting an assortment of cousins and a sunburn.
4. Silver Strand Beach yesterday resulted in 1 live sand dollar, 1 rescued sea lion and a devastating loss in a game of Settlers of Catan.
5. 2 hours on the phone with my Mom resulted in a better understanding of one another, if that was possible (best Mommy ever).
6. 2 trips for work planned in the next two months for Virginia and Costa Rica
7. 1 knit hat was a failure. I need to rip out and tighten up the ribbing.
8. Could not get my fill of preggo belly on a recent trip to Idaho. I can NOT wait for my new nephew.
9. Boise Zoo
10. everything else... Easter candy, How to Train a Dragon, busted dryer, high heels, squats and sore thighs, frozen yoghurt, USS Carl Vinson and earthquakes.