3.02.2011

Twisted Portland, OR

I don't know if you remember this supported spindle project but I still have it. I brought it with me to Portland this week and I spun, plied and washed another hank this week. Then I only had maybe an ounce remaining and I spun it. The single is currently wrapped around the Gideon Bible in my hotel room (Thanks guys!).
So the roving is all spun up. Finally.


Also, I found a yarn store within walking distance of my hotel. I'm a little poorer, but I got lots of awesome smooshy in my hotel room now. It was Twisted in Portland, OR and it was a GREAT store. Yarn, roving, tools, books, buttons and an entire section dedicated to Blue Moon Fiber Arts as well as a tea/coffee bar. I could've just camped there all night.
I bought a skein of Socks that Rock Heavyweight for a new pair of fingerless gloves. Eight ounces of top from Imperial Yarn in a color called Canyon Shadow (yummy and squishy). Four ounces of roving from Oregon Yarn Company in Light Fawn. As well as some buttons to replace the ones on this guy. And of course, some size 4 Hiya Hiya dpns to cast on a pair of fingerless gloves with the Socks that Rock.

So excuse me, I have some work to to

No comments: