10.19.2011

BFL/Silk Shawl, blocking

Blocking with super bright sunshine from my huge south facing windows.
 Less sunshine, up close and personal with the lace pattern.  The color is more true in the above photo than below.
 More of the body blocking.
It came out just a hair shorter than I would have liked, but it will still be warm and awesome about the shoulders.  I'll probably end up getting a shawl pin for the recipient to hold it closed.

There is a wonderful sheen from the silk, very subtle color variation from the under dye job and between the silk and wool dye take up from the over dye process.  I will get some FO photographs when I find my camera charger.  And my job stops getting in the way. (NEXT WEEK I GET TO REST!)

2 comments:

krissyranae said...

Gorgeous!

Susan said...

Krissyranae summed it up - GORGEOUS! I miss you too! I can't wait to take pictures of my hitchiker to show you!