Hooded, Of Hallows and Horcruxes

I had to cast on the hood twice after I made a mistake in my I-Cord edging.  I'm glad I did because I discovered the hood was going to be HUGE.  I ended up casting on 120 instead (+3 on each edge for the I-cord).
About 45 rows in I decided to seam it together at the top to give it the shape it would be assuming later.  I like to see my projects take shape and it helps motivate me a lot.  This is after 56 (of 76) rows and nearly 2 balls of Dove Heather, Knit Picks: Wool of the Andes, worsted.

You might notice this looks a lot like my Ugly Sweater, same color and to the untrained eye, similar gauge.  I was knitting it at my table the other day while wearing the Ugly Sweater and more than one person stopped to ask if I was knitting the sweater I was wearing. I blew everyone's mind.

No comments: